Everything You Need To Know About Custom Quartz Countertops
Custom quartz countertops are a popular choice for homeowners who want a luxurious and unique look for their kitchen or bathroom. If you are considering quartz countertops for your home, here's what you need to know.
What are quartz countertops?
Quartz countertops are made from a natural stone called quartz, which is then combined with resin and other materials to create a strong and durable surface. Quartz is one of the hardest minerals on earth, so quartz countertops are very scratch and stain-resistant.
What are the benefits of quartz countertops?
There are many benefits to choosing quartz for your home:
- Durable. Quartz is an extremely strong and durable material that is resistant to scratches, stains, and heat.
- Variety. Quartz countertops are available in a variety of colors and patterns. You can choose from solid colors, marbled designs, or even granite-like patterns.
- Non-porous. Quartz is a non-porous material, which means it won't absorb spills or bacteria. This is an exceptional feature for kitchen counters.
Additionally, quartz countertops are low maintenance and easy to clean.
Are there different types of quartz countertops?
There are three main types of quartz countertops:
- Engineered quartz. This type of quartz is man-made from natural quartz, resins, and other materials. It is the most popular type of quartz countertop on the market.
- Natural quartz. Natural quartz is a 100% natural stone that is quarried from the earth. It is then cut and polished into countertop slabs.
- Recycled quartz. Recycled quartz countertops are made from recycled materials, such as glass, porcelain, and stone.
Are there different finishes for quartz countertops and what are the benefits of each?
There are four main finishes for quartz countertops:
- High gloss. A high gloss, or polished, finish is very shiny and reflective. It is easy to clean and maintain but can show fingerprints and smudges more easily than other finishes.
- Matte. A matte finish, sometimes referred to as a honed finish, has a soft, velvety texture. It is less reflective than a high gloss finish but can be more difficult to clean.
- Textured. A textured finish has a raised, tactile surface. It is more resistant to scratches and stains but can be difficult to clean.
- Patterned. A patterned finish is created by adding a design or pattern to the countertop surface. Patterned quartz countertops are unique and stylish but can be difficult to match with other kitchen or bathroom fixtures.
In conclusion, custom quartz countertops are a beautiful and durable option for your home. There are many different types, colors, and finishes to choose from, so you can find the perfect countertop for your kitchen or bathroom.
Contact a contractor for more information about custom quartz countertops.